Find Your Future Job
Find Your Future Job
With the best international tools in the travel industry
Area Sales Manager - West (BC & AB)
The Area Sales Manager will communicate and implement company policy and procedures effectively and positively to all staff in their region. Motivate all staff in their region to achieve company goals and objectives. This role will report to the Director of Sales and will be based in the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Ensure effective operation and proper staffing for the branches within a designated region.
- Responsible for ensuring that branches are adhering to Standard Operating procedures.
- Mentor, train, and provide sales leadership and direction to Branch Managers.
- Develop, recommend and implement business plans to build branch sales including developing and/or executing sales and market initiatives.
- Provide on-going direction and act as a key liaison between Company and branch locations.
- Conduct performance reviews and manage the performance of Branch managers in the region.
- Sell a full range of preferred supplier to meet personal sales targets.
- Provide updates and feedback on weekly, monthly and annual objectives.
- Provide resolution of client pre-travel complaints with minimal guidance.
- Organize and assist with local business building promotions.
- Other duties as required.
- Exceptional sales skills.
- Self-motivated with effective time management skills, able to manage a varied workload.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Performance driven with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team effectively
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Provincial Certification
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Able to present a positive attitude and embrace change and new challenges
- Works closely with Consumers, Tour Operators and various Internal Support departments and must adapt to varying communication styles.
- Travel is required based on business needs.
- Volume varies seasonally.
- Able to work and share responsibilities within a team environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At SellOffVacations our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.